57 Bond Street,
1 person favorited this theater
Located on Blackpool’s South Shore district. The Rendezvous Cinema was opened on 8th June 1925 with "The Go-Getter". The entrance to the cinema was through an existing shop unit, with the auditorium built at the rear. Seating was provided in stalls and circle. The cinema boasted a cafe for the convenience of its patrons.
It was sold to the J.F. Emery Circuit in 1946, and they operated it until 1972, when it was sold to the Classic Cinemas chain. Already bingo was operating on several nights a week, and by 1973, it had been converted into a full time Mecca Bingo Club. Later operated as a Walkers Bingo Club, it has been closed and by 2011, the auditorium had been demolished and the land used as a car park. The front of the building remains and is in use as an electrical retailers known as the ‘The Tube Station’.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater