20 Rue Quentin-Bauchat,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located on the famous Avenue des Champs-Elysees at #79, in the north of the city centre. The Elysees Gaumont was opened on 27th February 1931 with Julien Duvivier’s “David Golden” Seating was provided for 600 in this beautiful Art Deco style cinema, which became ‘the place to go’. It screened first run American & English films. It was re-name Biarritz on 5th November 1937.
In 1971, it was twinned with 450 seats in the former mezannine and dress circle, and 450 seats in the former stalls.
In the 1980’s, four additional screens were built in an adjacent property around the corner at 22 & 20 Rue Quentin-Bauchard. Seating capacities in the extra screens were for 240, 170, 190 and 64.
Last operated by UGC, the Biarritz was closed in various stages from 31st January 1995 to 2nd April 1996.
Today the original Avenue des Champs-Elysees building is a car showroom.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater