No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in Cirencester, Gloucestershire. The Regal Cinema was opened on 29th November 1937. It was built by a Birmingham based firm, and the architect Harold S. Scott was also one of the directors. It had a 34 feet wide proscenium and a 12 feet deep stage. There were two dressing rooms.
The Regal Cinema was taken over by Associated British Cinemas(ABC) in 1943, operating through their Mayfair Circuit. In 1963 it was re-named ABC.
On 30th June 1969 it was taken over by the Leeds based Star Cinemas chain, and reverted back to the name Regal Cinema. On 2nd March 1975, it was taken back by ABC, but retained the Regal name. The Regal Cinema was closed on 28th March 1977.
It was converted into a bingo club. Now operated by EMI, two video cinemas were created within the building, with each seating 150. These were later converted to 35mm film projection. Taken over by an independent operator, the bingo club and twin screen cinemas operated for many more years as the Regal Entertainment Centre and were still open in August 2003. The Regal Cinema was demolished in 2004.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater