No one has favorited this theater yet
Located on the north side of Market Place. The original Assembly Rooms was built in 1863, and was damaged by fire in 1963. The building was demolished in 1972, when the Classical style façade was saved and rebuilt at the Tramway Museum, Crich.
The new Assembly Rooms was built and opened in 1977. Following the closure of the ABC (ex Regal) Cinema in July 1984, Derby City Council equipped the Assembly Rooms with projectors, a large screen and sound system, and it began screening first run films. This was very successful, but only lasted for a short period of time. The building since then has been host to concerts, stage productions and special events.
On 15th March 2014 a fire broke out in the multi-storey car park adjacent to the Assembly Rooms. Although there was little damage to the Assembly Rooms, the top floor of the car park which contains the heating and air conditioning units for the Assembly rooms was destroyed, and performances were cancelled.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater