1111 W. 22nd Street,
6 people favorited this theater
Previously operated by: United Artists Theater Circuit Inc.
Architects: George K. Raad
Firms: George Raad & Associates
Previous Names: UA Cinema 150
News About This Theater
- Aug 15, 2009 — "Apocalypse Now" 30th Anniversary
The UA Cinema 150 opened June 19, 1968, in southwest suburban Oak Brook. The opening movie was Glark Gable in “Gone With the Wind”
It was one of the only Chicago-area movie houses to feature the Dimension 150 process. In its earliest days, the Cinema 150 played roadshow films, like “Oliver” (in 1969) to reserved seating.
In December 1972, the theater was twinned, and the Dimension 150 projection equipment and screen were removed. It was also renamed the UA Cinema.
The UA Cinema closed in 1983, and was demolished to make way for the eight-story 1111 W. 22nd Street building designed by Holabird & Root constructed on the site of the theater in 1984.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.