3770 Opal Street,
9 people favorited this theater
The Rubidoux Drive-In opened November 4, 1948 with John Wayne in “Red River”. It had a capacity for 730 cars. Two new screens and a Sunday swap meet were added in the 1983, and there were plans to add another screen. It is operated by The De Anza Land and Leisure Corp., which also run the Van Buren Drive-In, in nearby Riverside.
These two drive-ins along with the Mission Drive-In in Montclair and Pacific’s Vineland Drive-In in the City of Industry are the four remaining Los Angeles-area drive-ins still showing movies. The Rubidoux Drive-In presents first-run double bills with FM sound in a well-maintained environment which includes a recently remodeled snack bar.
The swap meets have been so successful that they have now been extended to four days. The company has drive-ins and swap meets in other states, including the Redwood Drive-In in Salt Lake City and the Starlight Drive-In in Atlanta.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater