49 Stirling Street,
2 people favorited this theater
Shaftesbury Gardens opened on 11th March 1911. Name changed to Shaftesbury Theatre and Shaftesbury Picture Palace in(1912 or 1913?). Film screenings ceased in May 1918, it became a vaudeville venue until it closed in 1924. Film screenings started again in 1925, and the theatre was renamed the Luxor Theatre, and renamed the Luxor Picture Theatre in 1936.
Renamed the Tivoli Theatre in the 1940’s. The Tivoli Theatre closed in(1940’s or early or mid 1950’s), and converted for use as a dance hall(Canterbury Court Ballroom) opening on 17th September 1955, and Perth’s first multi-story car park above Canterbury Court Ballroom opening in 1959. The Canterbury Court Ballroom and the multi story car park were imploded(demolished) in 1992. A Rick Hart Store(since closed) and a underground car park opened on the site, The Rick Hart store was replaced by a furniture store(name unknown), which has closed(future of store unknown?). The car park may still be operating.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater