Old Airport Eoad and Edwards Street,
1 person favorited this theater
Opened May 29, 1948 with Sonny Tufts in “Swell Guy”. The historic Beverly Drive-In ran successfully for decades. In 1955 it was operated by H. Hargroder and had an 800 car capacity. On March 30, 1979 a second screen was added, but in 1987, the theater’s owner passed away suddenly and the theater was forced to close.
Thanks to the efforts of Jim Norton and Barbara Suick, who own seven drive-in theaters in Florida and Wisconsin, the Beverly Drive-In reopened on May 15 2001, years after its last season came to an end. Norton and Suick’s N&S Theater Drive-Ins is one of the largest drive-in chains in the country, and their eight theaters are among the roughly 600 left in the United States. The two are leasing the Beverly Drive-In from the daughter of the original owner.
The Beverly Drive-In was reopened as a first-run twin theater and now contains 500 parking spaces with two large screens, one measuring 100 x 75 feet and another measuring 80 x 40 feet.
It was destroyed by a fire in October 2010.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater