314 Reid Avenue,
Port St. Joe,
4 people favorited this theater
Previously operated by: Martin Theatres
Styles: Art Deco
News About This Theater
- Oct 19, 2011 — Group wants to restore Port Theater to former glory
- Jul 10, 2007 — Port Theatre up for absolute auction August 2nd
- Jun 15, 2007 — Port Theatre goes up for Auction August 2nd, 2007
- May 23, 2007 — Port Theatre on Gulf Coast of Florida
- May 26, 2004 — Port Theatre to Host "Fiddle" Celebration
- May 19, 2004 — Port St. Joe Allows Project to Proceed
- May 12, 2004 — Port Theatre Loses Decision
- May 11, 2004 — One Theater's Experience with the National Register of Historic Places
- May 5, 2004 — Port Theatre Seeking Buyers
Built in 1938 with brick and steel, the Port Theatre is a unique Art Deco style building. It has withstood many hurricanes and although it has been usable for our business since 1996 (we conduct auctions in the building), it still could use some TLC and additional restoration. We spent three years getting it listed on the National Register of Historic Places (June of 2003 it was official) and everyone loves this building!
Located in the heart of downtown Port St. Joe, a block off Hwy 98 in the Panhandle of Florida, near some of the most pristine beaches in existence. This area, once called “The Forgotten Coast” is booming and our theatre is beginning to bloom. We thought we had it sold to someone who was going to complete restorations and open the building as a theatre, but things didn’t work out. Would love to talk to theatre enthusiasts who have an interest in owning a piece of history.
The Port Theatre was sold at auction in August 2007. The buyer didn’t state what plans he had for the building.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.