Starland Drive-In

3404 Broadway Street,
Mount Vernon, IL 62864

Unfavorite No one has favorited this theater yet

Showing 2 comments

dallasmovietheaters on August 8, 2015 at 8:47 pm

The Starland Drive-In launched April 30, 1952 with Abbott and Costello’s only color feature film, “Jack and the Beanstalk.” The 700-slot theater was opened seasonally from April 1st to the end of October. J. Frank Glenn owned both of Mt. Vernon’s drive-in theaters with the earlier Mt. Vernon Drive-In. The Starland closed October 30, 1960 for the season with a showing of “The Apartment.” That would turn out to be the final showing as the Starland and Mr. Vernon Drive-Ins were sold by Glenn to the Kerasotes Theatre Circuit which continued the Mt. Vernon Drive-In but discontinued the Starland.

jwmovies on December 5, 2012 at 11:48 pm

This drive-in was behind what is KMart.

Approx. address was 3404 Broadway.

All ramps though overgrown are still there.