117 N. 4th Street,
3 people favorited this theater
The Rivoli Theatre (Official)
Previously operated by: Marcus Theatres
Functions: Movies (Second Run)
Opened September 19, 1920 with a vaudeville program, the Rivoli Theatre was designed by architects Bernard Dockendorff and A.E. Parkinson in a Spanish style in an ‘Atmospheric’ garden setting. It was equipped with a Page organ that was opened by organist Walter Goetzinger. The following day it screened its first movie, Norma Talmadge in “Yes or No”. In 1926 it was enlarged, adding a balcony and enlarging the stage. It was closed in 1986.
It was reopened on April 15, 1994. Now somewhat run-down, the Rivoli Theatre still operates as a movie theatre. Thankfully, its original interior architecture is still present and in good condition.
The Rivoli Theatre’s second screen opened on June 25, 1999 and is located in a former lounge.
Locals know the theatre as being a great place to grab a movie, pizza, and a beverage.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.