Nor Shor Theatre
211 E. Superior Street,
2 people favorited this theater
Originally built in 1910 and opening on August 22, 1910 as the Orpheum Theatre. Designed by architect John E.O. Pridmore, it had its main entrance at 10 N. 2nd Avenue East. At sometime before 1929, the entrance was moved around the corner to E. Superior Street.
In 1941, it was renovated to the plans of architects Liebenberg & Kaplan in an Art Deco style, reopening as the Nor Shor Theatre in October 1941 with Bob Hope in “Caught in the Draft”. Seating was provided for 1,300 in orchestra and balcony levels. After a failed conversion into a live concert venue a few years ago, this former vaudeville-house-turned-movie-theatre was used as a nightclub for several years. It was closed in November 2010.
In February 2012 it was announced that the theatre would be renovated to the plans of architectural firm TKDA of St. Paul. It reopened on February 1, 2018 as a live performance venue.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater