121 W. First Street,
2 people favorited this theater
This small theater was located on the north side of First Street, between Main and Spring Streets, on one of the old downtown blocks which was leveled in the mid-1920s to make way for the new Los Angeles City Hall. It was in operation as early as 1908, from which year a photograph of it is exists. It was a two story building, with almost the entire ground floor front taken up by the theater’s entrance lobby, and the highly decorated facade was topped by an electric sign reading “Vaudeville 10 & 20”.
By 1912, the operators of Fischer’s Theater had taken over the former Los Angeles Theater on Spring Street, which had from 1903 to 1911 been the second Los Angeles home of the Orpheum Theater Circuit. The Spring Street Theater was then renamed Fischer’s Lyceum.
More information on what became of Fischer’s Theater on First Street would be appreciated.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.