3601 Point Township Drive,
5 people favorited this theater
Previously operated by: Comerford Theaters Inc.
Functions: Movies (First Run)
Previous Names: Arrow Drive-In
News About This Theater
- Nov 12, 2008 — Electric co. turns off drive-in power
Opened as the Arrow Drive-In in June 25, 1952 with John Wayne in “Flying Leathernecks”. It was closed in 1956. On April 27, 1957 it reopened as the Point Drive-In with “The Big T” & Rod Cameron in “Spoilers of the Forest”. In the 1960’s it was operated by Comerford Theatres chain. By 1993, it was operating with 3-screens and is one of the few remaining drive-in theatres to maintain three screens. The main (original) screen was demolished by July 2022. It continues to operate on the other two screens.
Every Halloween, there is a Horror Fest show showing four back-to-back films on one screen (including black and white classics on certain weekends). There is a small haunted house for patrons to tour at their leisure, and the staff even creeps around scaring the viewers in their cars.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.