AMC Loews Palisades Center 21

4403 Palisades Center Drive,
Palisades Center Mall,
West Nyack, NY 10994

RobertR
RobertR on November 25, 2004 at 6:17 am

Wow and those numbers above are miniscule.

bamtino
bamtino on November 25, 2004 at 2:50 am

The Loews Palisades Center opened, with the 21 auditoriums which are currently in place, in April 1998. The theatre features two box offices with eight selling stations, four concession stands plus a coffee bar, and consistently high attendance.
Among the theatre’s opening features was Titanic which, despite having been in wide release for 4+ months at the time, attracted sold-out crowds.
Some seats have been lost since the theatre’s opening (a reduction from dave-bronx’s numbers above) due to remodeling which took place, in order to improve wheel chair accessibility, a few years into operation.

chconnol
chconnol on November 23, 2004 at 12:53 pm

Honestly, I estimated the 25 number. The place is so damn big that it’s hard for me to know exactly how many theaters there are. 21 sounds right. You can’t tell from the movie listings because they often will play a big movie in three theaters (maybe more but I don’t know.)

mhvbear
mhvbear on November 23, 2004 at 12:50 pm

LAast time I was there there was only 21 screens.

RobertR
RobertR on November 23, 2004 at 12:42 pm

Thats small houses not even one or two in the 5-700 range?

dave-bronx™
dave-bronx™ on November 23, 2004 at 12:29 pm

Did they split some of these auditorium already? The 1999 Loews directory shows 21 screens with seating capacities of: 235, 267, 271, 271, 93, 93, 49, 192, 194, 487, 240, 240, 180, 182, 182, 143, 157, 157, 169, 169, 170, Total of 4,141 seats.

There is also an Imax at the Palasades Center, but it isn’t part of this complex and not operated by Loews.

chconnol
chconnol on November 23, 2004 at 12:09 pm

Well, a relatively new theater. I mean, this place attracts huge amounts of people. It’s a bit of a cattle call, if you know what I mean.

I took my children to see “Home on the Range” last year and it was in one of the smaller theaters (really small). They must’ve had the ampage turned down low because the image seemed dark and in the upper left hand corner there was a small but noticeable tear and to the right of the center was a smear of some kind like someone threw something at the screen.

When I was a kid, every single screener I went to had a curtain regardless of the venue (first run, second run, discount, etc.) The first time I ever saw a movie theater without one was the Jerry Lewis Twin in Massapequa LI. And people in the audience were actually complaining about it. This was about 1974. Now, like at this theater, there’s no curtain and they play these lousy looking advertisements before the movie. My children don’t know any better but I feel sorry for them not knowing what an experience the THEATER can be in addition to the movies. And the movies lately are a pretty sad lot to go along with the theaters themselves. Rant over.

RobertR
RobertR on November 23, 2004 at 11:54 am

How pathetic that a new mega-plex has torn screens already.