New 400 Theaters

Chicago, IL 60626

Broan
Broan on June 28, 2009 at 7:07 pm

4 million, wow

Bruce C.
Bruce C. on June 28, 2009 at 6:37 pm

I was happy to find show listings for the New 400 on Flixster on Friday. I drove down Sheridan on Saturday night and noticed the theatre looked dark which seemed odd since it was supposed to be open. On Sunday afternoon I went to the theatre to see a movie but it wasn’t open. The sign on the door said it will open on July 1.

CinemarkFan
CinemarkFan on June 26, 2009 at 3:57 pm

Reopened today as the new 400 Theater. They’re showing “Transformers 2”, “Taking of Pelham 123”, “The Hangover”, and “Up” in 2D.

I will get down there again soon, but only when I can go to the nearby Carmen’s Pizza.

Life's Too Short
Life's Too Short on May 26, 2009 at 12:06 pm

Is that to say Ron Rooding is breeding horses?

Life's Too Short
Life's Too Short on May 26, 2009 at 12:04 pm

The Village North sign has been demolished. There is a vinyl banner hanging above the doors now that says something like:

“coming soon, the NEW 400 THEATRE”

Saw this on my way down Sheridan last night. The power is on in the lobby, also a good sign.

Brainwrap
Brainwrap on April 15, 2009 at 6:08 pm

Does anyone know what happened to Ron Rooding?

DavidZornig
DavidZornig on April 14, 2009 at 1:54 pm

Thanks. But “Paste” & WebTV isn’t really a good combo. It’s “server” is too archaic, and it would just post/revert to that site’s main page. If WebTV was able to do anything at all. I can send links to people, but not to other sites.
Alas, I must leave the link posting to the pros.

Life's Too Short
Life's Too Short on April 14, 2009 at 1:38 pm

That web site has pictures of everything. I am beginning to feel like a drug addict. It’s easy to post links. Just right click the web address and copy it. Then you can paste into Cinema Treasures.

DavidZornig
DavidZornig on April 14, 2009 at 1:30 pm

Hey LTS, that site has 4 pics of the Nortown, since you are able to post them.

Life's Too Short
Life's Too Short on April 14, 2009 at 1:25 pm

The 400, complete with old-school road sign:

DavidZornig
DavidZornig on April 14, 2009 at 1:20 pm

Reactivate Notification Status.

CatherineDiMartino
CatherineDiMartino on March 31, 2009 at 3:50 pm

I’ve been a little out of the loop lately. Village Theatres has bitten the dust? Yeah, I’ll shed a tear for them. They were one of the worst chains ever.

kencmcintyre
kencmcintyre on March 19, 2009 at 6:46 pm

Here is a March 2009 article from the Chicago Tribune:

mp775
mp775 on January 21, 2009 at 11:59 am

According to the ChiTown Daily News, the owner of the strip mall plans on renovating and reopening the theater himself. Perhaps this should be listed as “Closed/Renovating/Restoring”?

Paul Fortini
Paul Fortini on January 15, 2009 at 6:16 am

Fandango still has the place open and showing “Bedtime Stories”, “The Spirit”, “Valkyrie”, and “Yes Man”.

Broan
Broan on January 14, 2009 at 1:21 pm

Can we agree now that changing this listing to “Visionary” was premature, since it was only a name used on the telephone for about a month?

Jonah
Jonah on January 14, 2009 at 12:57 pm

I passed by this place a few days ago. It is definitely closed. Newspaper over the windows, empty marquee, the works. So “Visionary Theatres” lasted what? about two months?

Broan
Broan on January 13, 2009 at 5:32 pm

Postings from the Bristol TN theatres indicate that Russo is a former general manager for Village.

Paul Fortini
Paul Fortini on January 8, 2009 at 11:56 am

Uh, I think they have closed. I tried calling their phone number and a recording is saying that it cannot receive calls at this time. Also, Yahoo Movies is showing nothing for tomorrow.

CinemarkFan
CinemarkFan on December 12, 2008 at 5:30 pm

Jimpiscitelli, no doubt I’m aiming to reopen 7-8 and 9-10. 9-10 still sits off Torrence Ave in the mall lot, boarded up and all.

daimon9
daimon9 on December 12, 2008 at 3:08 pm

The Village North/Visionary theaters is dirty at times but it reminds me of the old theaters they had downtown. This theater also offers midnight shows and this gives 3rd shift workers like myself a chance to see movies at the theater at a time that’s convenient for me.

jimpiscitelli
jimpiscitelli on December 4, 2008 at 9:51 am

To CinemarkFan: If you are going after the River Oaks not only 1-6, but hopefully go can go after 7-8 and especially 9-10 if it is still standing and not converted to retail or demolished.

As for the Golf Glen, why bother reopening it when you have the Showplace 12 at Golf Mill.

Paul Fortini
Paul Fortini on November 28, 2008 at 6:47 pm

When you call their phone #, the recording says “Visionary Theatre formerly the Village North”.

Broan
Broan on November 28, 2008 at 6:56 am

Yeah, I’m not sure it’s time yet to change the name, since Visionary Theatres is obviously a corporate name.