New 400 Theaters
6746 N. Sheridan Road,
9 people favorited this theater
New 400 Theaters (Official)
Firms: Grossman & Proskauer
Functions: Movies (First Run)
Previous Names: Regent Theater, 400 Twin Theater, Visionary Theatres, Village North Theater
News About This Theater
Built as the Regent Theater, opening late-1913 in the Rogers Park neighborhood of Chicago, this was one of its earliest movie houses and originally sat about 725 in its auditorium. It was equipped with a Kimball 2 manual 4 ranks organ. In 1930, the theater was renamed the 400 Theater.
In 1990, it was divided into four small auditoriums, three seating about 200, one only about 150. It was purchased by the owners of the Village Theater in the Old Town neighborhood and modernized, and given the name of the Village North Theater. For the last several years, the theater was operated by Village Entertainment.
In September 2008, the former Village North began operating as Visionary Theatres, but by January of 2009, the theater was closed. It was reopened again as the New 400 Theaters on July 1, 2009.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.