AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX

1998 Broadway,
New York, NY 10023

Showing 151 - 175 of 1,149 comments

bigjoe59
bigjoe59 on July 25, 2017 at 11:55 am

Hello-

the opening weekend gross of Dunkirk was only $50 million? isn’t that rather low. it was not a long film so they could get in more screenings per day. again a rather low amount.

alpinedownhiller
alpinedownhiller on July 24, 2017 at 5:21 pm

I still think the volume at most theaters these days, especially IMAX, is too loud. Hearing damage causing loud. Uncomfortably loud.

Believe it or not they invited some who at actually been at Dunkirk to one of the IMAX premieres (different theater) and they said it looked pretty accurate but it was too loud! They said in the IMAX theater it was louder than it had been in real life (at least unless you were so close to a bomb that you didn’t survive)! That just shows how nuts the volume levels have gotten in the the theaters.

bigjoe59
bigjoe59 on July 23, 2017 at 1:14 pm

Hello-

I saw Dunkirk at the 1p.m. screening in the IMAX auditorium. !!!!! WOW!!!!! is my reaction. with the combination of the image and the sound you felt you were on the beach with the 400,000 soldiers.

one question. toward the end of the film when a
number of the young soldiers are in the bottom of
the landlocked boat Harry Styles' character gets
really angry at another soldier. for the life of
me I can’t remember why Styles. character got
angry. why did he?

thebrat
thebrat on July 22, 2017 at 3:20 pm

I went to the 2pm 5/70 showing of Dunkirk today and 10 minutes in the projector stopped. We had to wait 5-10 minutes for it to come back. Smooth sailing from there, though the focus wasn’t perfect, and you can notice it at the end credits.

Darth_Vader444
Darth_Vader444 on July 22, 2017 at 3:15 pm

Wow! Dunkirk was amazing at LS!!! Totally blown away!!! :)

Darth_Vader444
Darth_Vader444 on July 22, 2017 at 9:17 am

Thanks for the heads up Moviebuff. I’m going to the 4pm show today (row F). I decided not to watch any trailers for the SW movies. I will have to close my eyes. Lol

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on July 22, 2017 at 8:58 am

a 70mm trailer for The Last Jedi is being shown before the imax version of Dunkirk and seats are filling up fast!!!

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on July 15, 2017 at 6:36 pm

the digital imax version had trailers for said movies when i saw it in rockaway.

thebrat
thebrat on July 15, 2017 at 5:37 pm

I remember the 5/70 print of Interstellar had a trailer attached for Inherent Vice. The 35mm version had trailers for Inherent Vice, The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, and The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1.

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on July 15, 2017 at 10:23 am

Yeah. It’s actually an hour and 40 minutes if the credits are long…

bigjoe59
bigjoe59 on July 14, 2017 at 2:22 pm

Hello Again-

I am not talking about all the crap at the beginning I am talking about the running time of the film itself. to which 1hr. 46mins. is on the short side for a large scale historical epic.

alpinedownhiller
alpinedownhiller on July 13, 2017 at 10:01 pm

did ever really truly fix the 3D here (at the Laser IMAX screen)? Is the bad ghosting and messed up glasses issues with uneven poor coatings on the right lenses on some to many of the glasses really fixed?

xbs2034
xbs2034 on July 13, 2017 at 9:30 pm

Actually, with the film presentations I wouldn’t be surprised if there are no trailers. Dark Knight Rises and Interstellar didn’t put any in with their IMAX 15/70 presentations nor are there likely to be 15/70 trailers available, and with the regular 70mm showings, only Murder on the Orient Express seems like an obvious title to package in.

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on July 13, 2017 at 4:25 pm

add to that 30 minutes of trailers and 20 minutes of ads it’s fairly long.

bigjoe59
bigjoe59 on July 13, 2017 at 12:46 pm

Hello-

Dunkirk is only 1hr. 46mins.? that’s on the short side for a large scale historical epic.

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on July 10, 2017 at 11:40 am

Row J is a good idea.

macnut222
macnut222 on July 10, 2017 at 8:39 am

@hershy67: Row J is my go-to. Also can recommend row K.

hershy67
hershy67 on July 10, 2017 at 8:27 am

What are the best IMAX seats here post renovation? I had the best view of the screen in the middle of row M pre-reno. Thinking of trying out J for Dunkirk. Any thoughts?

alpinedownhiller
alpinedownhiller on July 9, 2017 at 9:39 pm

never mind, in the case of A Ghost Story, the curved edges are correct, it uses the old NTSC format and they purposely also added curves on top to make it look like older TVs

alpinedownhiller
alpinedownhiller on July 9, 2017 at 9:37 pm

I wonder if the curved edges were some projection mistake? I saw something in #1 once and it had some curved edges and it definitely should not have.

xbs2034
xbs2034 on July 9, 2017 at 7:18 pm

I saw A Ghost Story tonight on the main floor, no AC problem (as I expected by now).

It’s another title with a weird aspect ratio, looks to me like it might be the old academy ratio, but there also are these curved edges on all four sides- perhaps to mimic the look of an old photograph. It was in a flat DCP definitely though, and they properly set the side masking to flat, with the pre-show filling the masked screen and pillarboxing for the main feature (which I imagine is how it is going to be played outside of film festivals and special venues).

xbs2034
xbs2034 on July 8, 2017 at 8:19 am

From what it sounds like the AC issue was in one floor, and I’d have to imagine it would be fixed no later than a couple days (maybe even later that day), otherwise it would cripple business in the Summer.

I have seen theaters post signs when AC isn’t working and said guests can request a refund if they got tickets or decide they can’t watch the movie (often it will be in one screen rather than the entire complex). And the one time I was planning to see a movie where AC wasn’t working, they said I could sit in the theater for five minutes before buying a ticket and see if it was okay (think this was the Beekman), and when I started to sweat after about two minutes, knew it wouldn’t work.

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on July 8, 2017 at 6:42 am

that’s scary….where i go they have the ac on in rockaway in all screens!!!

bigjoe59
bigjoe59 on July 7, 2017 at 1:40 pm

Hello-

I have no idea what the NYC Building Code says but I should think it would illegal to operate a movie theater during the summer with no AC.