Showing 151 - 175 of 2,925 comments
1942 photo and copy added courtesy of Captain Bijou Facebook page.
November 16, 1963.
This article does not mention the original Stonewall Theatre name, and refers to a previous name as the Mason Hall and Opera House.
Circa 1953 photo added courtesy of Larry Kleebauer Sr.
Appears to have been demolished prior to 2009.
The May `09 street view shows a different building where the Didsbury Theatre stood.
Note that the marquee says Loews, decades before Loews had anything to do with the Biograph.
Full size 01/25/51 photo and description below added.
Credits at bottom.
January 25, 1951-The Denham Theatre, at the corner of California and Eighteenth streets, recently opened a modern coffee bar, which adjoins the theatre.
The exterior is of glass and gray flagstone, the interior is constructed of combed plywood walls and has Formica counters in rose and chartreuse, with stainless steel fittings. The restaurant has entrances on both street and theatre lobby.
Photo Getty Images Denver Post, copy credit Denver Post.
April 16, 1954 photo added with below copy.
Credits at bottom.
The grand opening of Fox-Intermountain’s new Centre Theatre will be April 29 with the world premiere of “River Of No Return”
The theatre will seat 1,247 persons.
Photo By Cloyd Teter/The Denver Post via Getty Images.
Copy credit The Denver Post.
1922 photo added credit Getty Images/Underwood Archives.
It appears they will be closing in February 2018.
1950 Candibar photo added.
2010 link is now dead.
Mid `50s postcard and 1957 photo added.
1964 photo added via Kestrel Bird.
Photo as the Geneva in 1964 added, Via Bob Rokitowski.
1955 photo added via Michael Granger.
Update, photo is from February 1930.
Per Chicago Tribune Archives link, which is now a pay site to access.
October 1929 photo added credit Theatre Historical Society Of America.
1931 photo added credit Theatre Historical Society of America.
“Body And Soul” released February 22, 1931.
1961-`63 photo as the Gayety Paris added via Philip Wizenick.
Live stage production of “Two For The Seesaw” opened at the Michael Todd in December 1958.
Nighttime marquee photo added.
1958 Chevrolet print ad added, featuring the Regency Bruin Theatre marquee.
Circa 1952 photo added credit Times Union.
Palace sign with arrow at the top.