Showing 176 - 200 of 1,243 comments
Just added to Photos Section.
Photo & copy courtesy of the Fifties Fun Facebook page. Sweetwater Texas The 230-car capacity drive-in was opened in the 1950s and like many drive-ins of the era, provided a large playground for kids and an outdoor seating area for families in front of the screen.
4 images added all credit J.J. Sedelmaier.
Added a 1910 photo copyright Corbis Images.
Address on BoA Theatre website is 18 W. Monroe BTW, not 22 as listed in the Overview.
Click on “Photos” at the top. 3rd photo in is of the auditorium.
Original Southtown fountain found in a North Side salvage shop in 1999. Photo courtesy of John P. Keating Jr., added to Photos Section.
Pages should probably be merged.
Tribune article with one current photo.
Copy & Paste to view.
1985 photos added. Photo credits Mark Ferris.
Just added a circa 1944 photo courtesy of the Alte Bilder aus vergangenen Tagen für Autofans Facebook page.
Note the earlier marquee. Buildings next door on either side are the same as those in the other photo. The Spectator offices were next door.
Correction: 1961 Photo credit LIFE Magazine.
Obituary of Dorothy L. Mavrich.
Copy & paste to view.
A couple photos of the Sheridan in this recent Hopper video piece by the Whitney Museum of American Art.
Copy & Paste to view.
Additional demolition photos added.
Photo credits John P. Keating Jr.
1934 Wilson Theatre Photo Added.
Photo Credit: Lillian M. Campbell Memorial Collection. Courtesy West Side Historical Society, Legler Branch Library. Thanks to Neil Arsenty for finding it.
Undated photo added courtesy of Art Peterson.
Circa 1958 photo added courtesy of the AmeriCar The Beautiful Facebook page.
Lakeside Theatre 1936 IDOT photo added.
Circa 1940’s photo added courtesy of Joel Windmiller.
Here is a 2011 link with the various places the stone faces from the Garrick ended up, scattered around the city. Copy & Paste to view.
More images here. Copy & Paste to view.
Other images here. Copy & paste to view.
Other images here. Copy & Paste to view.
Added image. Palace sign in 1940, photo courtesy of the RockfordReminisce.com Facebook page.
1942 photo added credit RockfordReminisce.com Facebook page.
2 photos added.