Comments from Needy

Needy commented about Campbell 16 Cine' on May 16, 2016 at 12:20 pm

Rest in peace Campbell 16!!!

I spent many nights watching movies at this theater when I lived in Springfield going to Missouri State circa 2000-2005.

Needy commented about Galleria 6 Cinemas on Apr 28, 2016 at 6:57 am

When did this convert from an AMC to a non-AMC? Was this in 2001?

Needy commented about Westport Cine' on Mar 7, 2016 at 9:30 am

I was also wondering which building (that must currently exist?) was the theater.

Also, in an effort to help grow Westport back to the destination it once was, I would love to see a larger scale movie theater come back here!

Needy commented about Halls Ferry 14 Cine' on Mar 7, 2016 at 8:47 am

Thanks for the dates — but can you also include the list of movies showing at each theater when they opened or expanded? Thanks!

Needy commented about Des Peres 14 Cine' on Oct 14, 2010 at 4:20 pm

I don’t know if anyone else has noticed, but there used to be about 9 tv screens in the middle of the main lobby (Chesterfield Galaxy and Arnold 14 have the same). They used to always show previews on those screens. Nowadays they put up a big cardboard sign in front of it that had the Wehrenberg logo.

I hate to say it, but Wehrenberg never keeps up with quality. This theater must be one of the next few that will be go. Sadly, I remember when this was a packed theater always.

Needy commented about South County Cinema on Oct 8, 2010 at 9:53 pm

Also, I believe it was Wehrenberg that bought out GCC in StL

Needy commented about South County Cinema on Oct 8, 2010 at 9:52 pm

I think AMC would definitely move in this area. There are no AMC theaters in South county anyway (or at least that part of SoCo). It would greatly help if they built screens that were attached to the mall. Great idea. And yes, this is very underscreened.

Needy commented about Lindbergh 8 Cinema on Jul 15, 2010 at 2:01 pm

When was this converted from a first-run theater to a dollar show?

Needy commented about Halls Ferry 14 Cine' on Jun 3, 2010 at 9:08 pm

It’s demolished now? What’s in its place?

Needy commented about Kenrick 8 Cine on Mar 18, 2010 at 7:54 am

According to rumors, Walmart is thinking about building onto this site.

Needy commented about Keller Plaza 8 on Nov 8, 2009 at 7:51 pm

Keller was NOT closed in May 2000, it closed in November 2000! Someone please erase every thing that Chuck Van Bibber writes. Update!

Needy commented about Jamestown 14 on Jul 13, 2009 at 1:59 pm

Go to Wehrenberg’s site now, it’s not on there anymore

Needy commented about Jamestown 14 on Jul 9, 2009 at 11:09 am

I went to this theater when it opened. It was pretty stable with a steady flow of customers. I never thought this mall was “doing well” but apparently it was doing well enough to open a large set of screens in the theater.

I can’t say that this mall…and probably this theater…is doing well these days, especially since Wehrenberg gave it up.

Needy commented about AMC Crestwood Plaza 10 on Jul 6, 2009 at 12:53 pm

I’ve been hearing rumors that AMC wants to pull out now that this mall is virtually gone. I’m in agreement and I think it’s only a matter of time…

Needy commented about Jamestown 14 on Jul 6, 2009 at 12:45 pm

In the paper today, it says “under new ownership” and it is not listed under the Wehrenberg logo. Upon logging into the Wehrenberg website, it also has no mention of Jamestown. Who owns this theater now? It looks like it is still showing new releases as of now.

Needy commented about South County Cinema on Apr 20, 2009 at 2:45 pm

I believe everyone except Chuck1231. He’s wrong on every post he’s made about every single theater. Chuck, please go through your old posts and edit them. Every user has pointed out to the fact that you’re wrong about everything

Needy commented about AMC Chesterfield 14 on Mar 17, 2009 at 10:38 am

I saw My Bloody Valentine 3D here when it came out in January 2009. It was expensive (probably because it was in 3D) but I was very impressed by the new theater in the mall!

Needy commented about AMC Springfield 11 with IMAX on Mar 4, 2009 at 1:55 pm

Great theater! Sometimes after going to many new aged stadium seating, it’s nice to see a theater that doesn’t have those kinds. I always loved coming here. Very very clean, and the seats that lean back are extremely comfortable. Plenty of leg room too, especially if you sit near the back. Definitely one of my favorite places to go see a show in Springfield.

Needy commented about Campbell 16 Cine' on Mar 4, 2009 at 1:53 pm

I always liked going to this theater when I was in college. It has a very large lobby, and always attracts a very large crowd. Theaters aren’t terribly big, but all of them are stadium seating. I spent many weekends at this theater going to movies.

Needy commented about Galleria 6 Cinemas on Mar 4, 2009 at 11:52 am

A very nice and somewhat quiet theater located in a very nice large mall. It helps that there is a curfew at this mall so seeing a movie at night is a pleasure since there aren’t tons and tons of teens hanging in the stores nor in the theater. I will be returning!

Needy
Needy commented about AMC Studio 28 with IMAX and Dine-in Theatres on Mar 4, 2009 at 11:50 am

A very nice theater. Watch out for teen friendly flicks as we actually left without watching the movie we were going to pay for as it was very loud.

It’s hard to imagine – Olathe KS has a NEED for 30 screens? Very impressive nonetheless. I especially liked how you could pay for your popcorn and soda, get a printout ticket of it, and walk to an express lane to get it without waiting. Very nice!

Needy commented about Studio Movie Grill on Mar 4, 2009 at 11:47 am

I have only seen 2 movies here, Night at the Museum and The Sentinel. It was very nice although I was not used to it since most other theaters don’t have dining. I have been to the comedy club frequently as that is it’s main attraction.

I thought I heard from someone that they stopped playing movies here. Is that true? If so, what is that side of the theater used for now?

Needy commented about AMC West Olive 16 on Mar 4, 2009 at 11:16 am

Very nice theater – one of the most impressive in the St. Louis area for now. This theater was the first all-stadium seating theater to come to St. Louis. Before this theater was built, only the largest screens at already existing theaters were converted into stadium seating.

Needy commented about Des Peres 14 Cine' on Mar 4, 2009 at 11:12 am

I used to go to this theater frequently in high school. I believe it started off when the 14 screens were built as regular theaters. Never being the type to focus on quality instead of the latest flavor of the month, Wehrenberg then shut down all of the theaters on the left hand side of the building to convert them all into stadium seating. Now this theater has half stadium seating, and half regular seating. I believe building stadium seating here was because Wehrenberg always likes jumping on the bandwagon instead of blazing their own trail, and because they needed to compete with the up and coming West Olive 16 which was (at the time) the largest theater and the one with 100% stadium seating.

Getting to the theater today is a little different than it was when it was built. Manchester road now is only 1 way in front of the theater. You actually go behind it if you’re headed west on Manchester when you cross over the highway. I don’t know if this new road format has helped or hurt business at this theater. I will say it is one of the nicer Wehrenberg theaters I have been to (at least in the 1990s). This also seems to be one of the last all-brick Wehrenberg theaters as they now build bawdier theaters like Ronnies, St. Charles 18, Dardeene Prairie. No offense to the architect, it’s just the brick looks much more impressive.

Needy commented about Metro North Mall 6 Theatre on Mar 4, 2009 at 8:09 am

How odd. What was the movie you were seeing when it happened? I’m assuming you never went back to this theater?

What year did it close exactly?