Des Peres 14 Cine'
1215 Des Peres,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Des Peres 14 opened in 1973 as the Des Peres 4 Cine'. Building of the Des Peres was the end of the Wehrenberg Theatre chains offices above the Cinerella Theatre on Cherokee street in the city after 67 years leaving the home area of the beginning of the company. When first built the Cine' was a four screen with the offices built in the rear lower level. The theatre went through and expansion and remodel in 1989 expanding it to 14 screens.
The Oriental chandeliers from the Ambassador Theatre had been bought by Wehrenbergs when the Ambassador Theatre in downtown St. Louis was ready for the wrecking ball. The chandeliers were installed in the new lobby of the Des Peres during the renovation along with all their beauty. They seemed to blend the decor in the new lobby to match the chandeliers. This being the office location of the Wehrenberg Theatre Chain, they left no expense go by. The theatre lobby is very eye taking. The auditoriums were blended with a red and blue and wall scones line the auditorium walls with and Oriental mystique.
The theatre never closed during the renovation but was only open during the evenings. This is surely a flagship for the Wehrenbergs today.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater