Comments from PeterKoch

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,491 comments

PeterKoch commented about Ridgewood Theatre on Nov 12, 2014 at 11:10 am

Indeed we do, Bway, many of which I have posted on this page.

PeterKoch commented about Ridgewood Theatre on Nov 5, 2014 at 2:23 pm

I can well relate. The last time I was in Jahn’s, it was so dark and quiet, I have literally been in funeral homes that were more cheerful. Add to all of the above the closing of the Richmond Hill LIRR station in early March 1998.

PeterKoch commented about Ridgewood Theatre on Nov 5, 2014 at 12:41 pm

The former Austin is now the Kew Gardens Cinemas. The Keith Richmond Hill is not in a trendy hood, at least not since it lost Jahn’s ice cream parlor, and the Hofbrau and Salerno restaurants, but is still at a major transportation hub and crossroads, and is still downtown Richmond Hill.

PeterKoch commented about Ridgewood Theatre on Nov 5, 2014 at 12:31 pm

You’re most welcome, Mike. Last time I was inside RKO Keith Richmond Hill, summer 2006, most of the theater stuff was still inside, except for the orchestra level seats.

PeterKoch commented about Ridgewood Theatre on Nov 5, 2014 at 10:31 am

RKO Keith Richmond Hill may still operate as a bingo hall, but the benefit is that anyone can walk into it from the street and see the inside, and see that it was once a movie theater.

PeterKoch commented about Ridgewood Theatre on Nov 5, 2014 at 9:23 am

Thank you, harvvi. Sad, but not unexpected. R.I.P. Ridgewood Theatre. What next ?

PeterKoch commented about Oasis Theatre on Jun 12, 2014 at 2:36 pm

jgraif, are you Joseph N. Graif, Saint Francis Prep, Class of 1972, Miraculous Medal, Class of 1968 ? I am Peter Koch, SFP, Class of 1973. We spoke briefly about music from the film “2001” (“Atmospheres” by Gyorgy Ligeti)once in May 1972, at the Bedford Avenue L subway station. I don’t remember the unique progressive routine that the later marquee was lit with. I only saw one movie at the Oasis, on either the first or second Saturday of January 1976.

PeterKoch commented about Ridgewood Theatre on Mar 26, 2014 at 12:46 pm

You’re welcome, Lost Memory.

PeterKoch commented about Ridgewood Theatre on Mar 24, 2014 at 2:06 pm

I walked past the Ridgewood Theatre this past Friday March 21 2014. No change since my last visit March 22 2013.

PeterKoch commented about Ridgewood Theatre on Feb 18, 2014 at 1:39 pm

Only time will tell, Lost Memory.

PeterKoch commented about Ridgewood Theatre on Feb 18, 2014 at 11:12 am

RobertR, I don’t know. I may visit Ridgewood before this Friday Feb 21 2014. If I do, I will pass by and observe the Ridgewood Theatre and report here what I have seen.

PeterKoch commented about Ridgewood Theatre on Aug 29, 2013 at 8:20 am

Good point, Bway. I will look forward to your report, LuisV.

PeterKoch commented about Ridgewood Theatre on Aug 28, 2013 at 7:47 am

As Bway once commented, a church is the most beneficial post-theatre function that a former theater can experience, in that it (hopefully) leaves most of the interior intact. Like the Loews Valencia in Jamaica, Queens becoming the Tabernacle of Prayer.

PeterKoch commented about Ridgewood Theatre on Aug 27, 2013 at 10:03 am

Very bad news indeed.

PeterKoch commented about Ridgewood Theatre on May 23, 2013 at 8:00 am

Thanks, Ridgewood_towncrier !

PeterKoch commented about Ridgewood Theatre on May 13, 2013 at 7:42 am

Thanks, Tinseltoes. I’ll believe rumors when I see something done with the Ridgewood Theatre.

PeterKoch commented about Ridgewood Theatre on Mar 22, 2013 at 2:12 pm

I walked by the Ridgewood Theatre this morning. No change since I last walked by it a year ago (March 23 2012).

THE BUSHWICK TWIN-S is still on the western face of the marquee, facing Madison Street.

There is now something about C-PEX on the southern face of the marquee, facing Myrtle Avenue. There was an area code 718 phone number, and four names I did not copy down.

Michael Perlman probably has additional information on the current status of the Ridgewood Theatre.

PeterKoch commented about Empire Theatre on Mar 22, 2013 at 2:07 pm

Thanks, bosox4life25, for this info.

PeterKoch commented about Ridgewood Theatre on Oct 1, 2012 at 7:32 am

The Capitol Theatre in Port Chester, NY reopened 4 weeks ago on Monday September 4th with Bob Dylan. Dylan is to perform later this year at the Barclay Center in downtown Bklyn only a few miles west southwest of the Ridgewood Theatre. It would be great if the Ridgewood Theatre reopened with Bob Dylan as wll.

PeterKoch commented about Ridgewood Theatre on Oct 1, 2012 at 7:28 am

What’s the “wild goose chase”, Tinseltoes ? Thanks for the link.

PeterKoch commented about Ridgewood Theatre on Aug 30, 2012 at 10:10 am

I’m reminded of the TV show “The King Of Queens”, and the Eddie Murphy film, “Coming To America”, in which Murphy plays an African prince looking for a queen in Queens, NYC, NY.

PeterKoch commented about Ridgewood Theatre on May 21, 2012 at 7:12 am

Good photo, Tinseltoes. Thanks. I would attempt to date it if I could get it large enough to read the movie titles on the marquee.

PeterKoch commented about Ridgewood Theatre on May 8, 2012 at 8:25 am

You’re welcome, Brad. My pleasure.

I will consider it.

PeterKoch commented about Ridgewood Theatre on May 8, 2012 at 7:01 am

GREAT photo !!!!!

I’m going to print it, and stick it on my wall at work.

PeterKoch commented about Ridgewood Theatre on May 8, 2012 at 6:59 am

Thanks Brad, and welcome to Cinema Treasures.