Comments from zipperiffic

Showing 9 comments

zipperiffic
zipperiffic commented about Prado Stadium 12 on May 26, 2014 at 10:13 am

The Prado Stadium 12 is now the name of this theater, open and doing business. Check this website: http://pradostadium12.com/index.php

zipperiffic
zipperiffic commented about Marcus Valley Value Cinemas on Mar 23, 2014 at 6:53 pm

This is a great example of a 1980’s early multiplex. Although the largest auditorium was split in two, there is still plenty of 1980’s era goodness in this house. It is worth a visit to see some recent theater history as well as a cheap movie in a decent setting.

zipperiffic
zipperiffic commented about Fox Cinema Cafe on Jan 21, 2014 at 3:42 pm

From Fox Cinema Cafe’s Website:

“As many of you are now aware, our final day of operation was Tuesday Dec 31st.

We wish to thank the thousands of loyal customers who have patronized us throughout the years as well as the tremendous support we have received by many, many people! We sincerely appreciate it!

Continue to watch for information regarding another potential location of the Fox Cinema Cafe in the near future!"

This theater is now closed.

zipperiffic
zipperiffic commented about Crescent Pitcher Show on Jan 13, 2014 at 6:55 pm

Drove by the Crescent Pitcher Show this past weekend and it is sadly now closed.

From their Facebook Page: It is with a heavy heart and great trepidation that I must tell you it is time to close our beloved theater. You, our loyal customers, have been wonderfully supportive over the years. I have had the opportunity to meet some of the greatest people during this adventure. I have the best crew of employees anyone could ever ask for. I could never have gotten this far without all of them. I love you guys like family and I hope we stay close! I have made a pile of great friends and will always consider Shawano my home away from home. Heck, I met the best girl EVER right here at the Crescent, and together we have created a great marriage and a wonderful family. Believe me when I tell you that this dream died hard and with great financial and emotional consequence to me and my family. I am tired, worn out, and just plain beaten down by the struggle to keep this little independent theater going.

zipperiffic
zipperiffic commented about Marcus Valley Value Cinemas on Oct 26, 2013 at 7:05 pm

This building is for sale. I’ve been told once the building is sold, the theater will close.

zipperiffic
zipperiffic commented about West Theatre on Oct 26, 2013 at 6:57 pm

This is about to become a Funky Monkey computer repair store: http://greenbaywi.gov/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Special-Meeting-Minutes-08-26-13.pdf

zipperiffic
zipperiffic commented about Vic Theatre on Oct 26, 2013 at 6:44 pm

Typed into Google Maps itself, the address displays just fine and the Vic is easy to spot.

zipperiffic
zipperiffic commented about Marquis Theatre on Oct 16, 2012 at 4:35 pm

After four plus years vacant, the Marquis has now been demolished.

zipperiffic
zipperiffic commented about Pilgrim Theatre on May 23, 2012 at 5:25 pm

This building is definitely still standing. Check this out on Bing maps and you will see this building now converted to retail, but all of it still intact.