122 N. Ohio Avenue,
1 person favorited this theater
Previously operated by: Thompson Theatres Circuit
Functions: Dance Studio
This is a small town theatre that looks to be in shabby shape but was still in operation on week ends. It replaced an earlier Thompson Theatre (1940-1954) which has its own page on Cinema Treasures. The ‘new’ Thompson Theatre was opened on January 15, 1954 with Lloyd Bridges in “The Tall Texan”.
The side of the theatre along Route 3 has a mural painted from one end of the theatre to the other depicting historic sites and events in the area of Atoka. The front of the building gives the impression that the theatre has been boarded up since all but one door is closed in and painted a dark flat burgundy.
The theatre has a nice marquee but it seems that it is not in use as there was no attractions listed on it. It stretches from one side of the building to the other with the name in neon above each side. By 2013, movies had ceased, and the building has become a dance studio.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.