415 E. Baltimore Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Opened December 28, 1908 as the Victoria Theater, used mainly for vaudeville, but films were part of the program from the beginning. It was designed by London UK born architect Alfred Arthur Forrest. It was remodeled to the plans of architect Edward H. Glidden in 1916. The Victoria Theater was partialy destroyed by a fire on March 25, 1922. The theatre was renovated and reopened on November 25, 1922.
The theater was renovated and remodeled to the plans of architect William Harold Lee and re-opened on February 28, 1926 as the Embassy Theater, screening Lon Chaney in “Phantom of the Opera”. It had been equipped with a Wurlitzer Hope-Jones 2 manual 8 ranks organ which was opened by organist Louis Jackobson. It was then used as a movie theater until it closed in 1951.
The auditorium has been demolished to be replaced by a parking garage. The front of the building and foyer were concerted into a Burger restaurant and later a show bar. It remains today in retail use.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater