7770 Biscayne Boulevard,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Boulevard Theatre opened on November 21, 1940 with Bing Crosby in “Rhythm on the River”. It was operated by Paramount Pictures Inc. under their subsidiary of S.H. Lynch.
The 1950 F.D.Y. gives the seating capacity and the address given here for the Boulevard Theatre as a single screen. In the 1960’s it was operated by ABC Florida State Theatres.
On October 16, 1970 it was renamed Pussycat Theatre screening the Miami Adult Film Festival. In 1973 it was twinned and was renamed Pussycat Theatre and Kitty Kat Theatre from October 6, 1973. The 1977 edition of Bob Damron’s Address Book (A gay guide book) shows a ‘gay male’ porno cinema operating at this address named the Kitty Kat Theatre. It later went back to ‘straight’ porno movies and was renamed Pussycat 2 Theatre.
In 2009, the building operated as a nightclub, named Black Gold then Wonderland at the Boulevard. By May 2015 it was a strip club named Solid Gold. It became a successful gay nightclub named Boulevard in early-2018. It was closed on January 1, 2020 following the lease being puchased by a retail outlet.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater