Rivoli Village Cinemas
200 Camberwell Road,
2 people favorited this theater
The Rivoli Village Cinemas is a beautiful example of Jazz or Streamline Moderne styles mixed with Art Deco. It opened as the Rivoli Theatre on 11th October 1940 with Ray Milland in “French Without Tears” and a total seating capacity of 1,644 in stalls and circle.
It was twinned in December 1968 and then had a seating caapcity of 679 in the former stalls and 400 in the former circle. This closed on 25th April 1999 as the then owners Village Theatres intended to build an additional six screens on adjacent land.
Recently renovated in keeping with its original style, the complex now has eight screens which opened on 4th May 2000. The original screen located in the circle area still retains much of the 1940’s decorative detail and has seating for just under 500 people in comfort. The cinema also has a cute roof garden and bar overlooking the Camberwell street scene.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater