215 South Main Street,
2 people favorited this theater
This 1906 vaudeville theatre was owned by John B. Price, who also owned the Park Theater in Hannibal. Sold to Frisina Theaters in 1946, it was destructively and dreadfully remodeled in 1948. The theatre only survived 11 more years. After its closing, it remained vacant for several more years before becoming a bar. It stayed this way for approximately 30 years. Several floods contributed to its deterioration. It remained vacant until 2000.
After being condemned, the movie theatre was purchased one day before demolition. Over four years have been spent renovating this theatre back to its previous beauty. It is used to show classic movies with full restaurant and bar service available, with B & B style rooms upstairs. Before and after photos are amazing. Restoration was completed in September 2005.
Features beautiful columns on exterior with plaster moldings. Interior contains original tin ceilings, large wood trim with dentils and fluted columns.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater