Ufa Palast am Zoo
No one has favorited this theater yet
Originally built in 1905-06 as an exhibition hall and arena for the adjoining Berlin Zoo, it was designed by Carl Gause. Arthur Biberfeld converted the hall into a theatre in 1912, but this was short lived and in 1913 cinema architect Oskar Kauffmann transformed the building into the Cines Palast Theater that had a seating capacity of 1,740. From 1919 it was operated by Ufa as the Palast Theatre and a balcony was added giving a capacity of 2,165. Several alterations were carried out over the years and in 1925 it was known as the Ufa Palast am Zoo.
In 1936 architect Albert Speer (Hitler’s architect) modernised the building by giving it an Art Deco styled Streamlined Moderne look. The cinema was destroyed by allied bombs on 23rd November 1943. The ruins were removed in 1955.
In 1957 the current Zoo Palast twin cinema was built on the site.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater