Aki Aktualitaten Kino am Zoo
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in the Charlottenburg district in the west of the city, close to the Zoo Railway Station. This was the 3rd Aki Aktualitaten Kino to operate in Berlin and it was located just around the corner from the first Aki which was closed in 1960 (it has its own page on Cinema Treasures). The 3rd Aki was opened in 1960 and was operated by the Aki Aktualitatenkino GmbH chain of newsreel cinemas. The architects were Paul Schwebes & Hans Schoszberger. In the auditorium there was an illuminated clock beside the screen. The Aki screened non-stop newsreels, short documentaries and cartoons. The projectors were Phillips FP 5.
The Aki Aktualitaten Kino am Zoo was closed in 1993 and has since been demolished.
Berlin also had another Aki cinema which was located in the Neukolln district which had opened in 1915 as the Excelsior-Lichtspiele and became the Aki Aktualitaten Kino in 1952 (it has its own page on Cinema Treasures)
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater