Market Street Cinema
1077 Market Street,
7 people favorited this theater
Opened as Grauman’s Imperial Theatre on December 22, 1912, this theatre remained under the operation of Grauman’s until it was sold in 1919.
The theatre was first renamed in August of 1929, as the Premiere Theatre, and then, on March 28 1931, it was renamed again, this time as the United Artists Theatre after undergoing a remodel to the plans of architectural firm Walker & Eisen, with architect Clifford A. Balch. On October 15, 1969, the theatre was purchased by Loews and renamed Loew Market Street Cinema. They operated it until 1972, when it became the Market Street Cinema.
Regular movies gave way to XXX adult films and in recent years, these were dropped in favor of adult ‘live’ entertainment performances. The Market Street Cinema was closed January 2013. It was demolished in July 2016.
The Market Street Cinema was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1986.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater