favorited this theater
Showing 5 comments
Here is another article from Okielegacy about the Ranger:
Five theater structures ringed Alva’s town square, click here to see photographs of all five;
and here for 1907 New Opera House history;
Built in 1935 by Homer Jones. The Ranger Theater opened on December 6, 1936. This theater was named after the football and basketball teams at Northwestern State College.
Listed in Flim Daily yeabook editions 1941 and 1943 as having a seating capacity of 400. In the 1950 edition of F.D.Y. a seating capacity is given as 372.