Forty Fort Theater
924 Wyoming Avenue,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Forty Fort Theater was located at the corner of Dilley Street and Wyoming Avenue in the town of Forty Fort, PA and opened for the first time on January 28, 1938 with Judy Garland and Mickey Rooney in “Thoroughbreds Don’t Cry”. It was built by Thomas P. Alexander & Louis Marinos, in conjunction with Comerford Theatres. By 1943, it was operated by Paramount Pictures Inc. through their subsidiary Frank Walker.
This neighborhood theater featured Art-Deco style lighting, terrazzo floored lobby, spacious auditorium, dark red drapes, and an ornately hand-detailed golden proscenium arch that surrounded the screen.
It had 892 seats in its one floor auditorium and was known for mostly showing foreign and art type films during the latter years of its life. It operated until 1988 when the building was converted to professional offices.
Any additional information on this theater is welcome.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater