1260 E. Shelby Drive,
3 people favorited this theater
The UA Southbrook 4 Theatre was constructed, along with the mall surrounding it, in 1972. It was a very compact theatre which occupied the back section of its mall. The main entrance to the mall, in its center, led directly to the entrance to the theatre. The lobby was low-ceilinged as the booth for all four auditoriums was on top. Small flights of steps led up into each auditorium, a total of 1,148. The theatre was later expanded by three screens far removed from the main entrance, actually another tiny triplex with its own concession stand but using the same box office. The exits on either side of the screens opened into long service hallways and the capacity became approximately 1,400. It is possible that5 Elvis Presley attended or rented this theatre.
Opened by United Artists, it was closed under Regal’s banner and all equipment was removed. The mall, unused for many years, is undergoing a rebirth and reopening the cinema, even restoration, is part of the overall plan. Roof damage has caused many water problems, mostly in the original section but a clean-up is underway in 2013.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater