ABC Walham Green
392 North End Road,
1 person favorited this theater
Located in the southwest inner London district of Walham Green. Built for and operated by Associated British Cinemas (ABC) the Regal Cinema opened on 2nd August 1935 with Shirley Temple in “Bright Eyes” and Will Rogers in “The County Chairman”.
It was designed by ABC’s in-house architect William R. Glen with seating provided for 1,129 in the stalls and 800 in the balcony. The Regal Cinema was equipped with a Compton 3Manual/6Rank theatre organ.
It was re-named ABC from 9th July 1962 and closed on 12th February 1972 with Richard Rowntree in “Shaft”.
The building was then used as a recording studio for a while, and then lay derelict. It was converted into a Dickie Dirts shop selling cheaply priced jeans and clothing. It was demolished in December 1984 and a mixed use retail and office building was built on the site, currently Waitrose supermarket operates from there.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater