Sycamore State Theater
420 W. State Street,
5 people favorited this theater
The 900-seat Fargo Theater was opened on December 12, 1925. It was equipped with a Geneva pipe organ. It was closed on November 2, 1938, but reopened later that month with 491 seats. On August 6, 1940 it was renamed State Theater. It once contained a 60-foot-screen. The State Theater was closed in the 1970’s and became a church.
It became a theater once again in the late-1980’s and was completely renovated by a private individual with the desire to run films and have live musical entertainment. The idea collapsed quickly and the theater remained closed in spite of having just been completely renovated.
In 1990, Main Street Theatres bought and reopened the State Theater after splitting the main floor into two theaters. A year later, the stage was converted into a third screen and the now triplexed theater still shows first run films today. Seating capacities are: 208, 188 & 160.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater