105 E. Main Street,
2 people favorited this theater
Located in the small Ohio River town of Madison, Indiana. The site where the theatre sits first housed a nickelodeon in the early-1900’s, then a movie theatre called the Little Grand Theatre, which burned in 1937.
Rebuilt as the 1,018-seat Ohio Theatre in 1938 it was operated by H.H. Johnson Theatres who also operated the towns' Madison Theatre. By 1950 it was operated by Addiliated Theatres. It ran first run movies until it closed in 1993.
Renovated and reopened in 1996, the now-twinned Ohio Theatre continued to show mid-run family targeted movies (no R-rated films) and also operated as a venue for various live events throughout the year. It had a reduced seating capacity of 440 located in the former orchestra level and the second screen in the former balcony. It was closed by April 2016. It was taken over by the Friends of the Ohio Theatre and reopened.
In early-2018 fundraising began to restore & renovate the Ohio Theatre. There are 301 seats in the orchestra level and while renovations continue the former balcony auditorium is not in use. When completed, the balcony will become part of the main auditorium again.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater