Pearl Theatre at Avenue North
1600 North Broad Street,
3 people favorited this theater
The Pearl Theatre opened December 5, 2006, at the campus of Temple University, next to the Cecil B. Moore stop of the Broad Street subway.
The Pearl was named after the former Pearl Theatre on Ridge Avenue, and in memory of entertainer Pearl Bailey. Several eateries and retail shops also opened in the new Avenue North retail and housing complex that the Pearl is part of. In 2002, a new 14-screen Magic Johnson megaplex was planned at this site, but that plan fell through.
A huge electronic billboard outside lists the movies playing. From the ground floor box office, patrons use stairs or escalators to go upstairs to the second floor. A concession stand leads to a hallway which has slanted ceilings and columns. The hallway’s original decor was gray, including the patterned carpet, but on January 5, 2008, the hallway was repainted orange to give it a brighter, more festive look. The auditoriums enter from the hallway.
Each auditorium is stadium seated with luxury high back rocker seats of gray fabric and cupholders on the armrests. The side walls have black circular sconces on the black fabric on the upper section towards the ceiling, and red fabric on the lower section. All auditoriums have digital surround sound.
Theatre’s 1, 2, 3, and 6 have 187 seats each. Theatre’s 4 and 5 have 260 seats each. Theatre 7 has 220 seats.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater