Stardust Drive-In

1500 Stardust Road,
Las Vegas, NV 89109

Unfavorite 1 person favorited this theater

Help us make this street view more accurate

Please adjust the view until the theater is clearly visible. more info

Stardust Drive-In

The Motor Vu Drive-In was the first drive-in erected in Las Vegas and had a 525 car capacity. Built by the De Anza Co. of Los Angeles, it was situated behind the Stardust Hotel on Industrial Road. It opened on March 25, 1949 with Jon Hall in “Kit Carson” & Penny Singleton in “Blondie’s Reward” It was closed in 1956.

It reopened on March 20, 1959 with the world premiere of Walt Disney’s “The Shaggy Dog” starring Fred MacMurray & Bill Williams in “Alaska Passage”. It had been renamed the Stardust Drive-In and was listed with a capacity for 566 cars. It was operated by Howard Cahoon and E.J. Johnson. It was closed in 1968.

A Budget Suites is now located on the former site of the Stardust.

Contributed by Scott Zimmerman

Recent comments (view all 8 comments)

William
William on October 15, 2002 at 9:16 am

The car capacity for the Stardust Drive-In was 525 cars.

kencmcintyre
kencmcintyre on April 7, 2006 at 3:49 pm

This was also known as the Motor-Vu. Here is a photo:
http://tinyurl.com/oxd25

kencmcintyre
kencmcintyre on April 24, 2010 at 5:17 pm

This whole area is being redeveloped.

DavidZornig
DavidZornig on January 2, 2016 at 7:07 am

1953 marquee photo added courtesy of the AmeriCar The Beautiful Facebook page.

rivest266
rivest266 on September 13, 2019 at 2:45 pm

This opened on March 26th, 1949. Grand opening ad posted.

rivest266
rivest266 on September 13, 2019 at 3:53 pm

Closed as Motor-Vu in 1956 and reopened as the Stardust Drive-In with the world premiere of Walt Disney’s The Shaggy Dog on March 20th, 1959. Grand opening ad posted.

You must login before making a comment.

New Comment

Subscribe Want to be emailed when a new comment is posted about this theater?
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater