Patterson Performing Arts Center

3136 Eastern Avenue,
Baltimore, MD 21224

Unfavorite 2 people favorited this theater

Showing 14 comments

spectrum on October 4, 2010 at 9:18 am

Another article. The renovation was completed in 2003 and Creative Alliance has been hosting events there ever since. Here’s an article about the renovation.

Their official websaite is:

WHITEFIELD on October 24, 2009 at 2:24 pm

Here is a photo from the 1987 movie “TIN MEN”, The Patterson Theatre was used in this movie, set in 1963.
View link

Lost Memory
Lost Memory on May 31, 2009 at 3:14 pm

This theater was a twin at one time. Here is a 1984 photo.

kencmcintyre on March 16, 2009 at 9:08 am

Here is a March 2009 article from the Baltimore Sun:

Lost Memory
Lost Memory on March 17, 2008 at 7:26 pm

This is a recent night view of the Patterson Theater.

Lost Memory
Lost Memory on December 12, 2007 at 10:01 am

Here is a website for the Creative Alliance.

Lost Memory
Lost Memory on May 30, 2006 at 3:48 am

This is a recent photo of the Patterson Theater.

Lost Memory
Lost Memory on October 27, 2005 at 4:46 pm

Here are some photos of the Patterson Theater.

MagicLantern on April 16, 2005 at 9:22 pm

This theatre’s marquee can be seen with other Baltimore cinemas in John Waters' “Cecil B. Demented” – the marquee advertises “Karate Marathon: All Action All The Time Admission One Dollar”.

Joe Vogel
Joe Vogel on January 1, 2005 at 5:10 am

The Patterson is no longer closed. It re-opened on May 16th, 2003, as an arts center and theater operated by Creative Alliance

Their web site describes the facility as providing two galleries, a 250 seat flexible theater, a classroom, media lab, offices, and live/work studios for artists. The address is now given as 3134 Eastern Avenue, Baltimore MD 21224, and the telephone number as 410-276-1651. Their e-mail address is

The web site’s brief history of the theater says that there was an earlier Patterson Theater built at the same location in 1910, which was demolished in 1929. The current building was opened in September, 1930, twinned in 1975, and closed in 1995. When opened in 1929, the Patterson was operated by the Grand Theater Company, an affiliate of Durkee Enterprises. The history page also mentions the marquee and the art deco sign, lighted by “a plethora of bulbs,” but it appears to be referring to the blade sign only. At least that feature was able to be saved and restored.

William on November 21, 2003 at 10:12 am

The patterson Theatre is located at 3136 Eastern Ave..