Trocadero Picture Palace
69-75 King Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in the now trendy Sydney suburb of Newtown, this attractive Flemish style building, with its buff Terra Cotta facade was built in 1888 and opened in 1889 as the Trocadero Skating Rink. It was designed by architects Albert F. Myers and William P. Hendry. In 1904 it became James Williams Skating Rink and Music Hall. It was converted into the Trocadero Picture Palace in 1911, but this was short lived and it was closed in 1916. It then had use as a vaudeville theatre and for boxing matches.
It became a car body part centre from 1920 until 1982. From 1982 until 1994 it was in use as a retail furniture store. It then became empty and derelict, until 2008, when work began on a restoration. It is now owned by Moore College and in 2009, work commenced to renovated and convert the building into residential acomodation.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater