Arlyne Theater

224 E. Methvin Street,
Longview, TX 75601

Unfavorite 1 person favorited this theater

Showing 3 comments

dallasmovietheaters
dallasmovietheaters on January 5, 2018 at 7:36 am

Beaumont firm, Stone and Pitts were the architects of the Arlyne Theatre in downtown Longview which opened May 24, 1939 with “Rose of Washington Square.” The Arlyne closed after a January 5, 1975 showing of “Super Stooges v. the Wonder Women.” The First National Bank bought the building in 1976 and following a salvage sale prior to its demolition in 1976.

Youngstown
Youngstown on June 17, 2011 at 12:57 pm

The ownership of the Arlyne brought in interesting films in the late 60s, such as Blowup, The Graduate, A Man for All Seasons, Bonnie and Clyde and In the Heat of the Night. All strong stuff for East Texas.

gbranch
gbranch on December 9, 2010 at 7:34 pm

The Arlyne Theater site was located across Methvin street from what is now Heritage Plaza. It has been demolished and is now a parking lot.