Avinguda del Paral.lel, 65-67,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Pabellon Soriano(Pavilion Soriano), also known as the Teatre Victoria, opened on 22nd April 1905. It was project of Ricardo and Manuel Soriano Sanchez and they engaged architect Andreu Audet Puig to design the building. It was described as ‘being decorated in good taste and was constructed in a solid form’. Seating was provided for 800 on the main floor and over 1,500 in the balcony, giving a total seating capacity of around 2,300.
A new owner, Joan Fradera took control on 1st January 1910 and on 4th January 1910, now known as the Teatre Soriano, it screened its first films. These were supplied by Pathe Freres and the Teatre Soriano competed well against other cinemas operated by Nordisk, Pathe, Ambrosio, Cines and Gaumont.
In 1912 it was under the direction of the Casajuana company, offering long seasons of cinema until 1914, when live shows began to be staged again.
From 7th October 1916 it became the Teatre Victoria officially and has continued as one of Barcelona’s major live theatres ever since. Seating is now provided for 802 in the orchestra (main floor) and 354 in the balcony.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater