No one has favorited this theater yet
Showing all 2 comments
The Straub Theatre, which later became the Frontier Theatre, was located on East Pine Avenue in Wiggins. The Straub was still operating at the end of December of 1960, the pllay bill for Christmas week of 1960 was “Comanchie Station” on Dec 23 and 24, closed Christmas day, “Home From The Hill” on Dec 26 & 27 and “All The Fine Young Cannibals” on Dec 28 & 29. On October of 1979 it is listed in an ad as the Frontier Theatre and is playing the Muppet Movie.
The 1945 Film Daily Yearbook lists the Palace, seating 300 (no address) as the sole theater operating in Wiggins. The 1951 Film Daily Yearbook lists the Staub as the only theater in Wiggins, seating 256 (again no address listed). Could the Frontier be a later name for the Palace and/or the Staub Theatres?