Rue du Pont Neuf 66-68,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in the Rue du Pont Neuf, between Rue Neuve and Boulevard Adolphe Max. Built in the 1920’s on the site of the Madrid dance hall, it was first named Commodor Cinema, from 1932 to 1939. It was re-named Cinephone in 1939 and continued with this name until 1954, when it was renovated and became the Cine Colisee.
“The Wild One” with Marlon Brando was shown here second run after the Agora and Plaza cinemas. Some German films were also shown in the late-1950’s. In 1962 it became a duplex, the second cinema in Brussels to be twinned after the Avenue Cinema.
In 1970 it became a triplex, the third screen was built on the site of the Parisiane dance hall nearby. The opening film was “Charly” with Cliff Robertson. The Cine Colisee was closed in 1983 and was demolished. Today a retail shop H&M is on the site.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater