Bayview Theatre

101 W. Bayview Avenue,
Biloxi, MS 39530

Unfavorite No one has favorited this theater yet

Showing 2 comments

wsaucier
wsaucier on August 17, 2011 at 7:22 pm

The Bay View Theatre opened on November 30, 1946 with “Caesar and Cleopatra” with Vivian Leigh and Claude Rains. The building was designed by the firm of Collins and Collins at a cost of over $60,000 dollars. The building was 50 feet by 100 feet and cooled by a 40 ton air conditioning unit. It closed around 1959 and converted to Bay View Bowling, which opened on January 19, 1960. It burned down in December of 1964.

wsaucier
wsaucier on May 12, 2009 at 12:01 pm

The actual address for the Bayview Theatre was 101 West Bayview Avenue. In 1954, the theatre was known as the Bayview Playhouse.