6 Calle Don Juan de Austria,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Cine Moderno opened on 22nd March 1913. It was built by Antonio Zambrana Quiguisola. Seating was provided for 600 in the orchestra level and 300 in the balcony. By 1920 it was screening films and had live performances on its stage. It was closed in 1920 and was converted into a garage.
In 1925, it was re-opened as a cinema again. On 11th October 1929, the cinema was destroyed in a fire which began on the wooden steps to the projection box. Only the four outer walls were saved.
The Cine Moderno was rebuilt withing the existing walls and re-opened in 1930. Sound was installed on 5th January 1932 when the film "Fermin Galan" was premiered. It was operated by the local chain Echegaray Malaga cinema from 1935, and they continued to operate it after the Fascist uprising on 18th July 1936. It passed from their hands in 1940. The Cine Moderno was completely refurbished in 1950.
The Cine Moderno was closed on 31st December 1968 with Rory Calhoun and Corinne Calvert in “Rebelion Apache”(Apache Uprising) and Ivonne Bastien and Eduardo Farjaro in “Siete espias en la trampa”.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater