95 High Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Regal Cinema was built for Associated British Cinemas(ABC), and it opened on 26th November 1934 with George Arlis in "The House of Rothschild".
The large building was located on the High Street at the corner of Lady Lane. Seating was provided in stalls and circle levels. It had a 45 feet wide proscenium. The Regal Cinema was equipped with a Compton 2Manual/6Ranks organ, which had an illuminated console, and was opened by organist Gerald Shaw. Doris Bamford was the resident organist who also played on opening night.
The Regal Cinema was re-named ABC in 1963, and from 28th August 1978, it was taken over by Caledonian Associated Cinemas(CAC) who re-named it Regal Cinema again.
The Regal Cinema was closed in April 1981 with “Emmanuelle III” being the final film. It was converted into a County Bingo Club. County operated the club for many years, and the company were taken over by Gala Bingo in 2006, and they closed the bingo club on 5th March 2006.
The Regal Cinema was demolished during February/March 2009.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater