31 Main Street Ap Lei Chau, Ap Lei Chau,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Ming Yuen Theatre was a neighbourhood theatre situated in Ap Lei Chau, an island off the coast of Aberdeen on the southern side of the Hong kong Island. Ming Yuen is the Cantonese pronunciation of its Chinese name, its exact English name is unavailable.
The theatre opened to business on 25th April 1953 with a Cantonese film. Its 600-seat air-conditioned auditorium equipped with Western Electric projectors was on the ground floor of the theatre building. It showed Cantonese films, while selected English films and cartoons were shown at special Sunday morning shows.
By 20th May 1956, the theatre had been re-named as the Pearl Theatre. It showed selected Chinese and English films until it closed to business at an unknown date after 13th May 1969 either in late-1960’s or early-1970’s.
A residential building was built on the site of the theatre.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater